Tuesday 13 July 2010

Not just pink...

Just to prove my garden does have other colours in it, (although, as I said, it is predominantly pink), this rose was looking so perfect, I had to take a photo of it. It is a David Austin rose - Molineux - and is growing in a pot, though really, it would be happier in the border. It is a lovely creamy/gold/apricot colour and has a proper old rose fragrance. I don't grow any unscented roses as I can't see the point of a rose without perfume. The first thing I do when greeted with a rose is to bury my nose in it and I am always very disappointed if the fragrance doesn't live up to the appearance. I particularly like the David Austin roses as they are beautiful flowers and are bred for their scent.
We have finally had some rain after a few weeks of hot, sunny weather and the garden looks a lot fresher now. I'm a lot happier too because I am not a sun-worshipper and it was becoming unbearably hot for me. But I still have to go out and water my pots as the plants become umbrellas and stop the rain from getting to the roots. A gardener's work is never done...

No comments:

Post a Comment