Monday 5 July 2010

Painted Advertisement - reminder to take my camera out with me!

This is a photo that I took in Lincoln a little while ago. You can just see the end of the Cathedral to the right of the blue sign. This building is now swathed in scaffolding so the fabulous painted advert is not easy to see. The faded colours and cracked paintwork really appealed to me, as did the ephemeral nature of the advert itself.

I don't know whether anything is being done to preserve the painting - I feel it should be preserved - but whatever happens, at least I have photos of it. When I was on my art course, I took my camera everywhere, just in case something inspired me. Since then, I sometimes forget to take my camera - I must start to remember it again as you never know just what you may find.

No comments:

Post a Comment