Saturday 21 August 2010

Autumn is on the way

I was despairing of seeing this Japanese anemone in flower this year, as it really seemed to be struggling with the weather conditions - boiling hot for weeks and then showers, showers and more showers. It is a lot shorter than it has been in the past, but it is finally flowering. It is Anemone hupehensis 'Bressingham Glow' and it is very pretty with the semi double pink flowers and gold stamens. I lost Anemone 'Whirlwind' (due to the winter I think), and my Anemone 'Honorine Jobert' isn't looking happy, so this is one of the only ones to flower for me this year. It is a sign that the summer is coming to an end, although hopefully we might manage a good autumn with beautiful colours and sunny days. We can always hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment