Sunday 2 January 2011

Latest Christmas Reading

I am currently enjoying reading one of my Christmas present books from my parents, "The Jane Austen Pocket Bible" by Holly Ivins. It is a veritable treasure trove of facts and trivia about Jane Austen, her life, novels, social world, TV and Film adaptations and much more. (There are a few spelling mistakes in the text, but it is fun discovering them! It gives pernickety people like myself something else to do). There are discussions about characters, plots and themes and plenty of things to make the reader dive into the originals again. It is also the sort of book that is easy to read either as one continuous book, or one to pick up and put down. All in all, thanks to Mum and Dad for a great present.
(Thanks to my sister for the very posh beaded bookmark too!)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice gift, indeed. Funny, I just watched the Jane Austen Book Club movie and enjoyed it a great deal.

    Happy Belated Christmas and Happy New Year from across the Pond!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Julie
    Thank you for your comment. It's great to know that you are enjoying my blog. I think Jane Austen is my favourite author - I love reading her work.
    Season's Greetings to you too!

    ReplyDelete