Saturday 26 March 2011

Even more latest reading

I have just finished this book which is about as contemporary as I'm ever likely to get, being published in July 2010. A colleague at work recommended it and I know I wouldn't have even picked it up if I had been on my own. It is a very unusual book, written from the point of view of a five year old boy, whose whole life has been confined to a twelve foot square room, with his mother. It took me a couple of chapters to get into the story and the way it was written, but it kept me gripped and I wanted to know what happened. The book deals with some horrible issues, but ones that actually do happen in real life, as news stories remind us. Ultimately, despite the subject matter, it is a positive story, showing the way humans can adapt and survive. (Photo from amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment