Tuesday 21 June 2011

Gardeners' World Live 2011 (part two)

Inside the Floral Marquee was a mass of colour.  The diascias above were a beautiful shape and a good example of what can be achieved when you know what you are doing!

 The pelagoniums (or geraniums as they are commonly called) were really bright and vivid.  I bought a small plant of one of the cerise pink ones at the centre right (Penny Dixon) as I couldn't resist the colour.

The rocket-like spires of lupins were amazing and elegant and the colours were blended together with an expert eye.

 Of course, I had to include clematis as it is one of my favourite plants.  The above display won a gold medal and it was well deserved.  If only my clematis looked as good as these.

And finally for this post, more elegant spires of colour, this time, delphiniums.  I do admire these in other people's gardens, but have had no luck with them in my own due to slugs and snails.  As they take a good deal of time and effort to look this good, I'm probably better to continue admiring them from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment