Monday 2 April 2012

Another jewellery present

 I made this latest bracelet for a friend and work colleague, whose birthday was in March.  This dictated the choice of aquamarine as it is March's birthstone.  I had seen a technique that I wanted to try and thought that this project might be just the thing, so after a few practise goes, I made the bracelet.
The stones have been woven to create squares around the bracelet and I used two amazonite stones by the clasp to add another gentle colour and different texture. The bracelet was very successful and I was pleased with the pattern I made.  Rachael was also pleased to receive it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pale pretty blue stones and the woven effect - what a lovely bracelet! No wonder the recipient was pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Thomasina
    Thank you so much for your comment. I was really pleased how well the woven effect worked. I think I need to find some other stones that it would work well with too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete