Monday, 12 November 2012
Chocolate Cake Recipe
5oz (150g) self raising flour
3oz (75g) drinking chocolate
6oz (175g) caster sugar (I used granulated and it worked fine)
6oz (175g) margarine at room temperature
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons boiling water
1. Pre-heat oven to Gas 4/180 degrees C/350 degrees F. Line a 20cm/8 ins round deep cake tin with baking parchment (I added that in!).
2. Sift flour and drinking chocolate into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add all other ingredients and blend together. Beat for a couple of minutes until smooth.
4. Turn into tin and bake for about 45-60 minutes until a fine skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Leave in tin for a few minutes then cool on a cooling rack.
6. Ice with your favourite icing or melted chocolate.
This quick and easy cake keeps well in a tin.
For the chocolate fudge icing:
1. Put 4oz (110g) granulated sugar and 4fl oz (115ml) milk into a pan. Simmer for 9 minutes.
2. Add 5oz (150g) plain chocolate, 2oz (50g) butter and 2 tablespoons double cream.
3. Leave to cool and spread over the cake.
(This makes a generous amount of fudge icing)
To make the Russian Roulette Revels cake, place the contents of two large bags of Revels in a pattern on top of the cake. Try to avoid eating the coffee ones!