Saturday 16 February 2013

I love hearts swap

 I have recently taken part in the I love hearts swap organised by all4meggymoo and was partnered with the lovely Mirjam over in the Netherlands.  We had to send 5 things all with a heart theme.  My parcel arrived and in it were all these little packages.
When I opened them, here's what I found!  What a lot of gorgeous things.  She had included some flower seeds too which I shall plant in Spring.
There was a little cat folder and some paper heart bunting made by people in Nepal.
Inside the little cat folder were lots of little notebooks and sticky notes.  Mirjam and I both have cats so she knew I would love this!
She had made three felt hearts and two crocheted ones.
This piece of felted fleece she included as a 'bit of fun'.  It is from a fleece she bought last year from a Dutch breed called 'Drents Heideschaap' and the sheep were/are used to maintain the hay fields.
It has really long fibres and is incredibly soft.  She knows I enjoy making felt, so thought I would find this interesting, which I do.  Huge thanks to Mirjam - she has been a delight to be partnered with and has sent me so many wonderful things.  So, what did I send to her, you may be asking?  More in my next post!

9 comments:

  1. Oh lovely goodies Ellie
    no wonder you were happy with your parcel
    it is great!

    Can't wait to see what you sent your swap partner.

    Happy Saturday

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fiona
      Thank you. I know - wasn't I lucky? I really enjoy taking part in blog swaps as it is great fun to think of and/or make the things to send and then there is the excitement of a parcel coming your way too. I have two more I have signed up for so will be busy!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful swap parcel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shelley
      Thank you and welcome. It is a lovely swap parcel and I am very lucky. Thank you too for organising the swap, which was a great idea. Any chance you'll be doing it again next year?!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
    2. Ellie, Im not too sure. I hope I will but this one has been a bit stressful, but ive learnt a few lessons along the way! Lets see what December brings if I announce another one.

      Delete
  3. I love the way you bloggers are so generous and not only to yourselves, I have received quite a few delicious handmade goodies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Toffeeapple
      Thank you. I enjoy taking part in blog swaps very much and you are right, people are so generous!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Dear Ellie, You are more than welcome!
    I really liked to swap with you, and I loved everything you send me!
    Thank you very much, love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mirjam
      Thank you. It was a lovely swap to be involved in and I loved all the things you sent me too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete