Having said I needed to make some felt leaves for the seasonal tree decoration, I decided to make them my next Stitching Sunday project. I used my own hand made felt and then added some simple embroidery to give an indication of the veins in the leaves.
Here is my progress so far. I think I shall have to make the yellow one again in more of a leafy shape, because once I had lightly stuffed it, I think it resembled a carrot, rather than a leaf! Hmm, try again there!
I have just been using split stitch, inspired by the TV programme I watched three times (just because I loved it!) on English medieval embroidery - opus anglicanum. Split stitch seems to give a versatile and flexible line and I think it looks a bit like chain stitch too.
The light was rotten today due to the rain, so apologies for the less than impressive photos. I do like the felt colours on the bottom leaf, but I think it needs a bit more embroidery... I hope to get these finished by next week and go on to my next project.