Not much progress with actual making this week, but I have been planning and looking at my materials to see what would look good together. I realised that the stash of material which holds all my memories was just too diverse to be used together, unless used with a neutral background and made into a cushion cover, or something like that. Having realised this, I decide to look at the other material in my stash and see if I could create some pleasing combinations.
Here are the results of all the playing - just three combinations at the moment, but it's a start. Above on the left is my favourite puffed sleeved dress material with some other pale blues.
The pink selection features my wedding dress bodice silk on the left, a dress material my sister used to make me a fifties inspired dress when I was about 18 or so and another pink material I bought when I made the rabbits.
The turquoises look a bit washed out, but are quite vibrant in real life. The fabric at the bottom left is from a bridesmaid dress which belonged to my Mum and the others are ones I bought when I made my seasonal bunting. So, having decided on these, I now need to decide what I am going to make...I am still leaning towards little patchwork hearts, or squares. I hope to have done some actual construction by next Sunday, all being well.