Sunday 5 February 2017

Snowdrop progress and a blue sky

 As yesterday was such a beautiful day, I thought I would go out and check on the snowdrops.  There was sunshine and a lovely blue sky (something we haven't seen too much of this dull and grey winter).
 Definite progress made now, but still not open flowers.
 I think they were all from my Mum's garden.  They are quite tall with large flowers, but I don't know the variety.

 Nearly open...just a bit more sunshine needed, I think.
Again, I'm not sure which variety this is.  I did have some galanthus elwesii, but that has thicker leaves than this one.  As I have said many times before, snowdrops are one of my favourite plants.  Their delicate and elegant form belies their toughness.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. Yes they are and to me, a sign that winter is loosening its grip just a bit (although with snow forecast for the end of the week, it is reminding us it is still here).
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I love Snowdrops, I really should plant some, a lovely reminder that Spring isn't too far away xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl. I love them too, as you can probably tell! You can never have too many...
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete