Thursday 30 March 2017

March Birthdays

March has been a month filled with birthdays for friends and colleagues and it is times like these that I am really pleased I can make gifts. Above is a memory wire bracelet with aquamarine, apatite, peridot, amazonite and lapis lazuli for a colleague.

I also made a card for her, using the Altenew 'Simple Flowers' stamp set, which has a lovely 'retro' feel. I was pleased with the end result. 
 Another colleague was given this memory wire bracelet, with aquamarine, agate, apatite, amazonite, tanzanite and lapis lazuli.
 I made her card using the Altenew 'Half tone circles' stamp set in shades of blues.
 A friend had their 40th birthday, so I printed some wrapping paper using a Blockwallah stamp 'Curious fox' (as she likes foxes).
 I also stamped the envelope...
...and the card (apologies for the bad lighting!)
Inside the card, I used my dies and die cutter to create the 40 (using glitter card) in a silver circle. I made her a beryl stretchy bracelet with sterling silver spacers, like mine from the previous post, and bought her a Blockwallah Curious Fox stamp. some fox material and a few other bits and pieces which I think she liked.
A good thing about making cards and presents is that it is unlikely they will be duplicated!

4 comments:

  1. Lucky friends and colleagues. Cards and gifts to treaure.
    Our birthday season overlaps with Christmas. Not well organised at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Some months are just like that, aren't they? I do like the way I can make something (depending on the recipient, of course)rather than have to buy something all the time.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. It makes it so much more special and personal too. Lovely gifts and cards xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl. I know which of my friends/colleagues will really appreciate hand made presents and I enjoy making them. I was pleased with the cards (even though they took me several attempts to get right!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete