Thursday, 20 April 2017
Saturday, 15 April 2017
Here it is with the top decorated. In my head, I was after a turquoise chinoiserie pattern, but ended up with various floral designs.
This is the pattern I chose for the top...
tote bag kit, which came with the pattern and all the material. I ordered it from Create and Craft, but looking at the shop, it seems they only offer the pattern now, not the whole kit. The outer is a cotton oilcloth fabric and I was interested to see how it would sew. It was all going fine until it came to the top stitching around the top edge, then my trusty machine just couldn't get a grip on the slippery fabric. I don't have a walking foot for my machine, so used a tip from the pattern, of placing tissue over the top, sewing through it and then removing it once finished, which worked well.
I am pleased with the way these projects turned out. I just need to get on with all the other projects waiting for me!
Thursday, 6 April 2017
Above are tulip 'Negrita' from last year, which I forgot to remove from their pot and they have flowered again this year, so that was a lovely surprise. This was last week. The large expanse of gravel is in next door's garden, as since the wall came down, there is no boundary. However, we have decided to have a wall again, not a fence, so Chris has been very busy removing the remains of the wall and digging down to the foundations, ready for the new foundation and wall. It will look lovely, I'm sure. We are hoping to have it done by the summer.
So, that's what I saw this morning...