Friday 16 February 2018

Cakes, biscuits and cards

 I recently had a birthday (they do creep up rather quickly, I'm finding) and to celebrate, I did some baking to take to work.  One colleague is vegan and one is gluten free, so I had to make sure they were catered for. 
I made gooey, squidgy (extremely unhealthy, but delicious) gluten free chocolate brownies, with ground almonds instead of flour.
 Ginger biscuits with a swirl of icing are my go-to biscuits for my vegan friends. 
There was, of course, a chocolate cake (another go-to recipe) with chocolate buttercream icing and chopped up Twirls on the top.  This got lots of compliments, with one colleague saying it was the best chocolate cake they had ever tasted.  Praise indeed!
Of course, after receiving presents, there are the thank you cards to write.  I have just got a few more to do, but I decided to make them myself this year, so here are the first set.  Simple designs with die cuts and stamped sentiments.  I think the clean and simple (CAS) look suits my cards.

4 comments:

  1. I admire you making all of those cakes. Making one batch is a lot but to make all of those, you deserve a medal.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Briony. I made them over a couple of days (the chocolate cake keeps really well), so that I wasn't spending hours on one day trying to get it all done. I do enjoy baking cakes and biscuits (probably because I have such a sweet tooth!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday. Your baking indeed looks delicious. Love your cards so nice to give hand made ones xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie.
      I don't do as much baking as I used to, but I really enjoy it when I do. I am starting to make a few more cards too (which is just as well because I have a large stash of paper, card, stamps and dies and I really need to use them more!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete