Sunday 11 March 2018

Recently I have been...

 ...making a vegan chocolate cake for a colleague's birthday...
...spending an afternoon making cards using paper piecing (using some of my ever growing card making stash), where I die cut the same shape in different colours and types of card and then pieced them back together in different combinations. 
...finally getting my MDF 12 x 12 storage unit (bought as a kit and put together by Chris and me - it was a two person job!) painted and decorated to organise my 12 x 12 papers more efficiently.
 I used the same paint as the other units - Orpington Duck Egg - and the same or similar papers too. (the other projects are here and here)
 I did include a different one for the back.
 I particularly like the Chinoiserie look of this one
 This unit is now full of my papers and makes me feel happy!  If only I could organise my other stashes - jewellery making equipment, sewing, polymer clay, art materials...a never ending list!

8 comments:

  1. Oooo, I like that storage unit, I wonder if it would hold fabric?
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Briony. I am not sure whether the shelves would hold much fabric as they are not very deep (and designed for paper). I bought it from Lasersmith - https://www.lasersmith.co.uk/ and delivery was quick. They may have something else more suited to fabric storage...
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Love your storage unit. And those cards.
    Any chance of a recipe for that cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Of course, I will post the recipe (which came from a search on the internet, but I have changed it very slightly). I'll write it with ounces and grams and hope one or other will be OK for you!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Great storage unit, looks lovely. As you say if only to have storage to make sense of all our other crafts. xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I did need something to store my papers - they were starting to get squashed under a mountain of other stuff!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. it looks lovely! I can't wait to organise my (huge) craft stash! I emptied the room and threw so much away. Now I just have to get the floor laid and I can move in and organise! I feel a trip to IKEA coming on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. I have enjoyed decorating the storage. Now I just need to de-clutter everything else. I have also got a huge craft stash which is gradually expanding to attempt to take over the whole house!
      Enjoy your organising!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete