Thursday 15 March 2018

A Fox box and cushion

It is our friend Rachael's birthday at the end of the month and as she is very busy then, she came over last week.  I had got myself organised and made her presents in good time, so it all worked out well.  She likes foxes, so I bought some rather gorgeous fox material in colours I knew she would like and made a fox box.  I enjoy making these fabric boxes, as they are quick to make and are useful.
I also used my screen printing set to print the fox panel for this cushion.  It is a lovely print and printed out really well.  I mixed the shade of grey ink I wanted too.  I made the cushion cover with the fox fabric and was pleased at the way it turned out.
I made an envelope back, which is a really simple way of finishing the cover.  Rachael really liked the box and cushion, which I was delighted about.  I have a cat screen print too and some cat material so I would really like to make a cushion for myself now.

4 comments:

  1. I am not the slightest bit surprised that Rachael liked her presents. ANY person with taste and discrimination would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It is always so lovely that you write such supportive comments - hugely appreciated!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. how lovely! The screen print looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. The print came out really well and I was very pleased with how the cushion cover came together. I really need to make the cat one for me!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete