Saturday 24 March 2018

Just when you think it's Spring...

 There were definite signs of Spring.  Crocuses...
 more crocuses...
 the last hurrah of the snowdrops...
flowering away with the cyclamen coum...
 more crocuses...
 and more...
 Hellebores...
 and daffodils...
 then, last weekend, this (again!)
 Those poor plants - they wouldn't know if they were coming or going.  Luckily, the snow had gone by last Tuesday and today...
 anemone blanda...
 camellia flowers...
 cardamine quinquifolia (I bought this last year, so this is the first time I have seen it in flower - so pretty)...
a self-sown sweet violet...
 bright and bold primulas...
 lovely blue scillas...
and a blue hyacinth (Blue Magic).  Is it Spring now?  Well, it looks like it today but there have been mumblings about a cold snap over the Easter weekend, including more snow.  I am really hoping they are wrong!

6 comments:

  1. Loving your spring vibrancy. So much. And making a mental note to add crocus to my own spring plans.
    I hope the promised/threatened snow doesn't eventuate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I need more crocuses too - such cheerful colours. I could do with some more small daffodils as well. I am really hoping the snow doesn't arrive as well - I have had enough of it this year!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours and the plants are so resilient. We have our daisy, geraniums petunias etc all coming out in flower. Then yesterday we had a hurricane and yet they all seemed to have survived xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. The plants are really resilient, thank goodness, because the weather here is all over the place at the moment! I hope you won't have to suffer too many hurricanes where you are.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are so pretty. Sorry about the snow. We've not had anything really pop out yet. Too cold. Was 24 this am at 9am. Never heard of Hellebroes before. It's gorgeous. I need to look it up and see if it would grow here.
    =Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and welcome, Sandy. There are lots of different varieties of hellebores and I hope you will find that they will grow where you are. Here in the UK they are a traditional Winter/Spring flowering plant. They come in a whole range of colours too - white, yellow, apricot, pink, red, burgundy, purple, and almost black. I have four of them now and really look forward to seeing them in flower.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete