Tuesday 8 October 2013

Autumn Glow swap

I took part in Blueberry Heart's 'Autumn Glow swap' (it was my first blog swap last year and I enjoyed it so much that I was so pleased to be able to join in again!).  My swap partner was the lovely Blueberry Heart herself and we emailed each other to sort out the practical details and then got making and buying.  Her presents were wrapped in a beautiful gold leaf patterned paper - almost too pretty to unwrap...almost!
 Here's what she sent me.  A tea towel with a shortbread recipe, a vanilla scented candle, a dried cranberry heart, an autumn diary, a hand made pumpkin picture, a hand made leaf shaped pot holder, some chocs (which didn't last long), a hot chocolate fudge drink, and a clay pumpkin, which was fragile and had sadly got broken in transit.  (However, armed with glue, it is mended and hanging on the seasonal tree and looking lovely!)  What a lot of lovely things - many thanks to Blueberry Heart for being such a great swap partner!
Here's what I sent: felt heart and brooch, earrings, bracelet, a polymer clay key ring, some autumn coloured mini-bunting made from sari materials, some hot chocolate, a notebook and pens, some daffodil and tulip bulbs and a tea towel.
I loved being a part of this swap and am looking forward to taking part again next year.  I do think I need to make myself some mini-bunting now, amongst many other projects currently underway!

8 comments:

  1. Looking good Ellie! So much fun isn't it, taking part in a swap?
    Enjoy your gifts, love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mirjam
      I love these swaps - sending a little happiness to someone and enjoying creating some gifts too. It was a great swap to be involved with.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. How exciting. You got and sent some really lovely things. What a great idea! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannapat. I really enjoyed the autumnal theme; there was also a Hallowe'en theme too, but I like the autumn one more. Gathering all the things together was great fun and having a date to work towards made sure I didn't get too sidetracked!
      I think Blueberry Heart will be running the swap again next year, if you'd like to join in then.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. What a lovely swap Ellie. I took part last year but didnt this year because we were on holiday in early to mid september and I didnt think I would have had the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. It was a great fun swap to be involved with. Perhaps you'll be able to get involved again next year. (I think your holiday was one of those 'once in a lifetime' trips - it looked fantastic!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. What a lovely thing to do and what lovely gifts Ellie, gorgeous!
    Warm hug, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy. I really enjoy taking part in blog swaps. I did get some lovely things and was very lucky. Here's to the next swap!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete