Thursday 24 January 2019

Projects List for 2019 (and probably beyond)

Being a person who enjoys lots of hobbies, (some might say 'Jack of All Trades, Master of None' and there may be an element of truth in that, but I like to do different things, depending on my mood) I have many projects in my head that I would like to complete during this year (there may be too many for one year, so this may need to continue into 2020...).  I have written them in my hobbies book, but thought it would be a good idea to share them here too.
Are you sitting comfortably?  Then I'll begin (shades of Listen with Mother...theme music here (Berceuse from Faure's Dolly Suite) - I do remember listening to this, but not until the early 1970s.) After that little meander down memory lane, let's get started.

Sewing
  • a proper patchwork quilt (my first ever and a small one to start with)
  • a hexagon cushion cover in shades of blue (I have just got some hexagon templates to help with this)
  • three more pinafores - denim, stars cord and cat material (which will need lining I think, so that is another challenge)
  • stretch fabric tunic dresses (my first attempt at sewing with stretch fabric) 
  • using jelly roll strips in some way (yet to be decided)
  • Kantha embroidery kit
  • four crewel embroidery kits (I seem to have quite a collection of these, but haven't actually got round to starting any of them!)
  • mend toys - Panda bear and Gonga (he is the knitted rabbit pictured above in his new clothes). (Both 40+ years old and showing signs of neglect.  Panda bear had holes in him and is literally threadbare in places, but I have darned what I can and patched over the holes.  Poor Gonga also had many holes in him which I started to repair years ago, but got distracted by other things.  He now has new trousers and a new tie.  Both look much smarter and properly cared for now.)

  • make a thread catcher basket (actually completed as I had the pieces all cut out, just needed to sew them up.  I do like making these little fabric baskets/boxes.  This is my favourite cats in glasses material, also destined to become a pinafore at some point)
Crafting

  • seasonal hare decorations (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, with appropriate charms and gemstones)

  • pompom wreath or two (I have actually started this and am enjoying making the pompoms.  I am also trying to secure the wool threads by stitching around the wool which ties the strands together).  Pompoms are such happy things - even the name sounds happy)
  • polymer clay muse/icon figure (this is still forming in my mind, but it has to have jewel colours, silver, wings, positive words, a crown or halo and a serene face.  I am especially inspired by Laurie Mika's work and I have her book, which is lovely. I may start with a 2D plaque, but would like to make a 3D figure at some stage)
  • make a canvas with favourite floral papers in a grid of squares
  • keep working on current art journal
  • begin another art journal
  • Christmas leaf wreath using different papers and card

Jewellery

  • bracelets with sterling silver spacers, either macrame or knotted cord
  • multigem earrings
  • multigem bracelet
  • multigem kumihimo necklace
  • rainbow moonstone bracelet with sterling silver spacers (and matching earrings)
  • blue goldstone knotted/macrame necklace
There will also be gardening this year, naturally, and reading.  There will also be card making too. Looking at the list, perhaps it may be a little ambitious (!).  Still, it's always good to have things to aim for. I will post my progress now and again and see how I get on.
I have also tried to increase my creativity so that I am doing something every day, even though it might only be something small, like sewing a button on, or wrapping wool to make a pom pom.  I can watch the TV and still be making/doing/thinking about creative projects and I am really enjoying that.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I love (and admire) your creativity. Have fun. As I will seeing some of the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I have so many ideas, I wonder whether this list will get shorter or longer as the year progresses. I will post about completions or progress.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. What an inspirational list, so varied on the topics you wish to do. I love doing Kantha embroidery, hope you do too. Be interesting to see the crafts as the year progresses xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. It is good to have lots of ideas, but sometimes it is a bit of a challenge to decide what to do! I hope to complete at least some of these things this year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete