Monday 27 January 2020

Making collage papers and Daffodils

I have been busy with my second art journal over last year and into this and will share some of my favourite pages shortly.  I was looking at collage papers with a view to buying some and suddenly had a brainwave - I could make them myself!  I have tissue paper and a myriad of suitable stamps so what was stopping me?  I had a very happy time trying my stamps and  deciding what to use... 
 ...and here are some papers ready to go.  The good thing about these is that they add pattern to a page but you can still see the background colours peeping through.  I think they will work well.
 I couldn't resist buying some daffodils on Saturday as I was wanting some brightness in the house.  They started to open on Sunday...
 Here they are later on Sunday (excuse the flash - my camera does not like low light levels at all).
Here they are today - all open and very scented.  Even if they don't last long, they have given that shot of colour I needed and are very cheering.

12 comments:

  1. Daffodils are sunshine on stalks aren't they? I delight in them every year.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with your collage paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. They really are. So far, our winter has been mild (although I think it hasn't finished with us yet) and I noticed one daffodil in the garden in bud - much too early! I have lots of plans for my collage paper and really need to get on with some of them!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Collage papers look interesting I have never heard of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. There are lots available and they are also known as 'decoupage papers'. Napkins/serviettes can also be used in a similar way. Crafters/Designers such as Jane Davenport, Tim Holtz and Dina Wakely produce them too.
      I just need to use mine!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. I love daffodils, cheerful and bright and scented, lovely way to add a splash of colour on a grey day xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I love them too and am really enjoying the colour they bring.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. We've filled our house with hyacinths this year. A local German supermarket must have overstocked their shelves with bulbs and have been selling them at a silly price. So we've bought a few pots, keep most of them outside in the greenhouse to keep cool and slow down and bring one pot at a time to bring them on and fill the house with their delicious scent. I shall be sad when the last one flowers. Thank you for coming over and commenting on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, kjsutcliffe and welcome. Bulbs which flower now are so welcome, aren't they? The daffodils are on the way out but still bringing their cheerfulness to the house.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. I live in South Wales and my camellia is in full bloom, way too early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat and welcome. I do feel that winter has not done with us yet and will come back in February or March. Luckily, the plants are very adaptable.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  6. Daffodils do fill the house with cheer don't they? I love to have them inside at this time of year when the weather is still dull and dreary:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie. They do indeed - and we all need that boost of colour every now and again until Spring proper.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete