Thursday 20 February 2020

Little positive book

Recently, I have been really enjoying watching crafting videos on Youtube.  I watch art journaling and also junk journaling and one of my favourite junk journaling sites is The Paper Outpost.
I watched one on little books made using book pages and decided I needed to give this a go.  The link to the video is here
I changed mine a little as I made the covers from scraps of Kraft card and they are 5 cm x 5 cm so are small.  I also wanted them to have positive words in them and had great fun raiding my stash for stamps as well as printing words out too.
 Here's the front cover...


 and the back.
 I used book pages for the pages and then had a lot of fun decorating.
 I coloured some of the images with watercolour pencils...
 ...and added black watercolour crayon around the words, using a little water to smudge the colour out.
Although they were a little bit fiddly, I really enjoyed this little project.
I ended with happiness - we'd all like that, wouldn't we?
I also watched CreationsCeeCee who inspired my Pocket Doodle book last December.  She has been using up watercolour pages and I thought I could use up gel print pages, to make these bookmarks.
The link to her video is here  
Both of these are destined to be part of a birthday present for a work colleague who is very artistic herself, so I think she will like them.

10 comments:

  1. I am SURE she will not like, but love them.
    I so enjoy seeing your book art.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I am hoping to feature some of my art journal pages next.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. What an amazing present to make for someone. I am sure she will love them, they are both so lovely and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. I think she did like them so that was good!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. What a delightful and thoughtful gift for your friend. I am sure she will be delighted. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayne. I think she liked them. I am making one for another friend's birthday at the end of March.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. What a lovely project! I so admire your creativity. P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. I do enjoy little paper projects like this one, especially if it means I can use what I have!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. So cute! Love the inspirational words...we all need that with as crazy as the world has become. Thanks so much for your visit, always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. Sometimes it is difficult to be positive - I agree.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete