Thursday 18 March 2021

More hellebores and other plants

My hellebores in the border I laughingly call the 'woodland' border (north facing and relatively shady at the back) are finally catching up with those in pots.  Above is Pink speckled which has made the best clump and which looks the happiest. 
I think this one is Pink Picotee.  
This could be White Speckled?  I should have a white one and a red one as well, but I seem to just have leaves from them this year.  I have bough a white one for a pot though, so that may flower next year, all being well.
Cardamine Quinquefolia is flowering away nicely.
As is Camellia St Ewe, with its bold colour contrasts.
I planted these muscari azureum last autumn and I like their delicate baby blue flowers.
An unnamed camellia  is also flowering, with a pale pastel pink flower.  I have a double flowered camellia too, but that isn't in flower yet.  The garden seems to be changing daily at the moment and these plants are bringing me a lot of joy. 

10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Isn't this an exciting time of year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It really is - the garden is raring to go once the weather gets a bit warmer. The tulips are starting to grow too. My daily walk round becomes a bit more interesting!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. The garden is certainly starting to wake up again after the winter. We could just do with a bit more sunshine...
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. Spring is just round the corner and I love this time of year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. I love hellebores, they come in such a range of colours. They don't do very well in my garden though, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Have you tried growing them in pots? I have four I am growing that way and so far, they seem to be doing OK.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous flowers! I am so looking forward to all the photos of gardens that will be appearing very soon on many of the blogs that we post on. Visiting virtual gardens :-) keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. Visiting virtual gardens is the best option for us at the moment, but fingers crossed, we may be able to visit gardens in person later in the year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete