Friday 11 June 2021

Index-Card-a-Day (ICAD) Challenge 2021- week 1

I am joining in with Daisy Yellow's Index Card a Day challenge during June and July. I did this last year and really enjoyed it. The idea is to create a piece of art on an index card (or a 6x4 inch card), every day while the challenge runs.  There are prompts and ideas and you can follow them, or go your own way. There is a Facebook group, but I'm not a Facebook user, so don't get involved with that.  I like the small format and  am enjoying the creative challenges.  I will post a weekly round up.
Top left, Contraption, top right, Snapdragon, bottom right, Snowglobe and bottom left, lyrics (Mad about the Boy, Mona Lisa and What a difference a day makes, just in case you're curious).
Verdigris is on the left, Canoe or Kayak is top right (these lyrics were part of a song my Dad used to sing and play on his guitar) and Twist is bottom right.  Some of these words prompt ideas quite quickly, but others take more thinking about.   I have a very mixed media approach to these cards and I do like to be able to use what I have. So far, I have used inks, acrylic paint, watercolour, collage, stencils, stamps, an embossing folder and ribbon.

On to the second week...

10 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty, Ellie! I agree with you... I would like that small format too. Please keep sharing your weekly little works of art. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. It is a great challenge which gives me lots to think about. I will keep doing weekly round ups during the challenge.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I remember you taking part in this last year, it's interesting to see what you come up with for the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I seem to be quite literal with my interpretations so far - it will be fun to see whether that changes.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Oh what fun. I really enjoyed these and am looking forward to seeing more.
    Nice to hear of another FB holdout too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I enjoy the challenge of coming up with something that relates to the prompt. It's fun to look back on what I created last year too.
      There will be many more before the end of July!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Oh lovely! What a great, playful project. Love the look of the Kayak song (don't think I've heard that - did your dad make it up?) If index cards could sing! Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. The kayak song wasn't made up by my Dad - it's a Canadian folk song apparently, along with 'Land of the Silver Birch' which I seem to remember singing at Brownies or Guides, many years ago. If you put it in a search engine, you can hear it!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
    2. Ahh, we used to sing that song too Ellie - Land of the Silver Birch..home of the Beaver'!!! It's all coming back now. Funny, as I was singing that in the shower t'other week :0 :) Love it! xXx

      Delete
    3. It's funny how something you haven't heard or thought about for ages suddenly makes itself known again, isn't it?
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete