Monday 13 September 2021

Latest cards

My card making has continued and I like to take photos of the cards so that I can remember what I did and what worked.
I do like Clean and Simple cards and these are sometimes the most difficult to make successfully.  Inky fingers can be a big problem!
I have been using my dye inks/Distress inks a lot, both for backgrounds... 
more backgrounds...
..and for focal points.
There have been mainly birthday cards but the occasional anniversary one too.
Florals have been a go-to choice.
Whether die cuts are used...
...or just stamping.
Just some of my most recent cards - I am definitely improving and becoming more confident. I need to start on festive cards next, so that I am not rushing around at the last minute!

10 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful, I especially like the first one and the rabbit.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Briony. I like those too - they both worked really well. I have a few different cat stamps and I like sending them to like-minded people!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. They are absolutely beautiful. Cards to treasure long after the day has gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It's about having the right materials and inspiration, I think. I watch a lot of demos and have an inspiration book where I put the pictures of projects I like. I turn to it very often and it is a great help.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Purdy, purdy, purdy, Ellie!!! I love them all! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I enjoyed making them all and hope the recipients liked them too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Your recipients must be over joyed to receive such beautiful cards Ellie! Do you hand cut out the intricate flower work? Love the naughty dog and the hare howling at the moon. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. I wish I could say 'yes, it's all my own work and takes me hours', but I would be fibbing! These are all metal dies, where the work has been done for you, so all you have to do is put them through a die cutting machine and then decorate/add backgrounds as required. I am in awe of people who can do the intricate paper cutting. I'm not sure I would have the patience.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'd certainly loose a finger if I tried it :0 x

      Delete
    3. Me too - I have to be very careful with my craft knife and my rotary cutter (which I did manage to cut myself with when I last used it!) Dies are much safer for me to use!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete