Tuesday, 7 August 2012

My new baking best friend

I know that this is not a very exciting photo, but I wanted to share my new baking best friend with you.  No doubt, all you seasoned bakers will be shaking your heads and asking where have I been since this product was introduced, ages ago.  I can only say that it had passed me by.  However, that has all changed.  I first bought it for a craft project using Angelina fibres, as you need to trap the fibres inside baking parchment before ironing them. I then used the baking parchment for its designed use when I made a banana and apple loaf.  My baking tins have seen better days and I am used to fighting with them in order to release my baking but with a lined tin, the banana and apple loaf could be lifted whole out of the tin with no fighting required.  This is when I realised that baking parchment was brilliant.  Since then, I have made two batches of flapjack which lifted straight out of the tin too. I know it is only a little thing, but it has made such a difference!
(My friends Katy and Alison laughed at me when I said I was going to write this post, extolling the wonders of baking parchment, but here it is anyway.)

6 comments:

  1. You need to try reusable baking parchment - its fab!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Victoria
    Thank you for your comment. Ooh, I definitely need to get hold of some of that - there will be no stopping my baking aspirations then!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister washes baking parchment - she swears that you can get three or four uses from it. I personally believe that life is too short for washing baking parchment, but I love the stuff and If you're really careful the tin doesn't need much washing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gillian
      Thank you for your comment. I'm not sure that I would have the inclination to wash the baking parchment - but good for your sister on the recycling! I wish I'd discovered it before as my baking life would have been so much easier!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. oh the wonders of baking parchment ;o)
    have a super lovely weekend
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jooles
      Thank you for your comment.
      Where has baking parchment been all my life? More flapjack is calling I think, and more blueberry cakes as well.
      Have a lovely weekend yourself too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete