Tuesday 7 August 2012

My new baking best friend

I know that this is not a very exciting photo, but I wanted to share my new baking best friend with you.  No doubt, all you seasoned bakers will be shaking your heads and asking where have I been since this product was introduced, ages ago.  I can only say that it had passed me by.  However, that has all changed.  I first bought it for a craft project using Angelina fibres, as you need to trap the fibres inside baking parchment before ironing them. I then used the baking parchment for its designed use when I made a banana and apple loaf.  My baking tins have seen better days and I am used to fighting with them in order to release my baking but with a lined tin, the banana and apple loaf could be lifted whole out of the tin with no fighting required.  This is when I realised that baking parchment was brilliant.  Since then, I have made two batches of flapjack which lifted straight out of the tin too. I know it is only a little thing, but it has made such a difference!
(My friends Katy and Alison laughed at me when I said I was going to write this post, extolling the wonders of baking parchment, but here it is anyway.)

5 comments:

  1. You need to try reusable baking parchment - its fab!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Victoria
    Thank you for your comment. Ooh, I definitely need to get hold of some of that - there will be no stopping my baking aspirations then!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister washes baking parchment - she swears that you can get three or four uses from it. I personally believe that life is too short for washing baking parchment, but I love the stuff and If you're really careful the tin doesn't need much washing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gillian
      Thank you for your comment. I'm not sure that I would have the inclination to wash the baking parchment - but good for your sister on the recycling! I wish I'd discovered it before as my baking life would have been so much easier!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Dear Jooles
    Thank you for your comment.
    Where has baking parchment been all my life? More flapjack is calling I think, and more blueberry cakes as well.
    Have a lovely weekend yourself too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete