I thought it was about time I updated you on my rabbit Work In Progress. It has been a challenge for my sewing skills - both hand sewing and machining and I have taken my time and done some when I felt in the mood to do it. Above, you can see the hat and pantaloons. This was the second hat I had made and it still didn't seem right.
Back view of the rather voluminous pantaloons and hat. I have since decided that I don't like the hat at all so have been searching through various craft books looking for a different pattern. I think I have found one that might work, but I'll let you know!
Then came the dress, in plain blue cotton. I raised the waistline a little from the pattern, as I wanted a sort of Regency feel.
Then the apron, made from my precious puffed sleeve dress material. I had toyed with the idea of make a pinafore-type apron, but in the end, I decided just a little apron would be fine. So, I now have to have a go at the hat and add some hand made lace to either the dress or the apron. Oh, and then there is her face - a bit of a make or break thing, so it has got to be right! Once she is finished, I'll post about her again. Then I would like to make another rabbit, perhaps using a different pattern, so that there are two of them and they won't get lonely! (Really, I wanted to make the inside of the ears in my puffed sleeved dress material, that is the more prosaic reason for making another rabbit!)