Friday 11 January 2013

Treats

I have been guilty of buying treats for myself over the last week or so.  Here is one of the latest - some material (V&A Benedictus) that I have been coveting since last Autumn when I first saw it.  It is based on designs made by Benedictus in the 1930s (I need to do a bit of research on him, I think).
 The patterns range from loud, floral and overblown, to geometric and totally Art Deco, but I love them!  I think there was another pattern when I originally saw the material, with a navy blue background and pale blue blossom shapes, but that didn't seem to be there when I ordered.
This is my favourite out of the ones I bought and just makes my heart sing (to use a cliche, but a very apt one).  We all need things like that, don't we?  So, what (you may be asking) am I planning to use this for?  Well, I want to see it, so am planning more bunting - but probably with a plain back - and perhaps I may attempt a panel cushion or even a patchwork one.  I haven't bought very much of each one, as I was attempting to be relatively economical, so no huge projects can be attempted.
Incidentally, just a mention for the company I bought the material from, called Eclectic Maker.  I ordered on Monday afternoon and received an email saying it had been shipped later that afternoon. It arrived on Tuesday - I was so impressed by the service.  They have a wonderful range of fabrics to look at and drool over too.  I shall be keeping my eyes open for the navy blue material as well, to add to the collection.

8 comments:

  1. Thats amazing service! Lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Dear Victoria
      Thank you - I think they are gorgeous too! I'm looking forward to making something using them, when I can make the time, in between jewellery making and felt making and boring things like going to work!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Lovely fabric Ellie, and I've bookmarked the company for future reference,
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Joy
      Thank you. I was really impressed with the service from the company and it was easy to order as well. I have a feeling I may well be buying more (I can hear my bank balance groaning already!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. The fabrics look wonderful Eileen
    and I am sure that you will create something
    beautiful from them.

    It's great to find a company that gives good service, it means you will go back again and again.

    I hope you enjoy your treats

    Have a good weekend my friend

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fiona
      Thank you. I hope I can do the fabrics justice and make something lovely -I'll post about my progress. I will definitely go back to that company too as good service is really improtant, isn't it? I hope you have a lovely weekend too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the link to the fabric supplier - I will have a look. Fabric that makes your heart sing - how wonderful. I know what you mean though, Liberty prints do that to me, and it's a joy to work with even the smallest amount. Happy sewing!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete