I decided to give myself a bit of a creative challenge with my polymer clay skills. I have been wanting to make some flowers for quite a while, so went onto some internet tutorials to see how it was done. It all looked reasonably simple, so off I went to have a go. Let me tell you, it is not simple at all! Here are my first attempts at a sort of grape hyacinth (following the tutorial from make it with me) but my attempt isn't nearly as pretty as hers. Of course, this is my first attempt and it will no doubt get better if I practise!
Having mixed some nice purple shades, I thought I would try a simple flower shape. Even that wasn't as easy as I thought. Practise, practise, practise!
Here are some beads which I am really pleased with (good to end on an optimistic note). I have been struggling with using translucent polymer clay as my attempts hadn't quite worked out as I had hoped. However, when watching Jewellery Maker one day, there was a polymer clay designer and she showed how to make foil beads using translucent clay. I had a go, using silver foil over a variety of colours of clay that were in my scrap box and lo and behold...success! I can't tell you how pleased I was with these.