Tuesday 13 May 2014

Spring garden

 The wet weather has encouraged the plants to put on a lot of growth and it is all looking rather green and luscious.  Above is Clematis Crystal Fountain which is looking very flamboyant.
 The blowsy clematis contrasts well with the understated elegance of this aquilegia (I don't know the variety).
 This one is supposed to be 'Navy and White', but appears to have turned pink.  I do like it, despite it not being blue!
 Here's one of my newest plants, Magnolia 'Fairy Blush' which has such pretty flowers.  It is supposed not to get too massive, can be pruned and is meant to be really hardy. I'm impressed so far - how could I not like those flowers?
 Really pretty delicate colours.  I also have a white/cream one, but it only has leaves as it is a younger plant.
The tulips have been beautiful this year and I have already put in my order for next year!  Although most of them are now over, Red Shine continues to give a splash of colour which offsets all the green so well.  Chris said how much he liked these particular ones (just as well, because I have ordered more!).  Although there is quite as bit of dodging showers for us, the plants are loving it and I am looking forward to seeing what flowers next.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Ellie, you have the most beautiful flowers! The clematis is so frilly - my clematis Josephine is about to burst open - and the magnolia is simply stunning! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. The clematis is very frilly - you're quite right! I am really pleased with the magnolia and hope it will thrive - I probably need to give it a feed soon, after being so obliging about flowering!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Ah you really have 'wowed' me this morning with your beautiful blooms Ellie! I am absolutely in love with Magonolia Fairy Blush and if ever I see that one in a nursery I will be bringing it home with me! Happy Spring, happy gardening to you! xo Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. Magnolia Fairy Blush was bred in New Zealand, I believe and there are also Fairy Cream and Fairy White I think. It is a really lovely plant and I hope it will be happy with me!
      I am having very Happy Gardening, thank you. I hope you are too - you have a lovely garden!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos of your flowers Ellie. I love spring flowers and every week there is something new to see at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. Things in the garden do change so quickly in May - what plant will be taking the starring role next?
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete