I spent a day last weekend sewing hexagons together and then machined them onto the second bag which had a logo on one side which I didn't want. I chose shades of blue for the logo side and the hexagons did a great job of covering the logo.
It was very relaxing sewing the hexagons together.
As I felt that the other side of the bag also needed a bit of brightening up, I sewed more hexagons together. Five of these were given to me in a swap by Dotty's Daughter, so I hope she'll be pleased to see I am using them!
Here is a close up of the greens and blues.
I am really pleased with the way both bags have turned out and have enjoyed these relatively quick projects.