Sunday 6 November 2016

This week, I har bin mostly...( with apologies to Jesse's Diets* from The Fast Show)

...listening to an eclectic mix of music - a bit of Dinah Washington What a difference a day makes, Michael Buble Cry me a river  and Feeling Good  Coldplay Viva La Vida, The Communards You are my world and Harry Belafonte Jump in the Line...

...starting the unexciting but vital job of insulating pots in the garden, particularly important this year as they don't have the added insulation from the wall...

...playing with my die cutting machine and designing simple cards...

...making a bracelet for a birthday present...

...enjoying the autumn colours on the blueberry leaves and some of the hydrangeas...
the cast of The Moonstone - photo from http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0824cbr
...watching a new dramatisation of The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins (perfect for Autumn and available on iplayer for those in the UK).  I enjoyed this dramatisation even though some details were changed (and I'm not quite sure why).  The book is so much better than any dramatisation I have seen and is often cited as the first detective novel.  Of course, I had to read the book again!

...listening to a radio play of the short story 'How the Marquis got his coat back' by Neil Gaiman on Radio 4 (also available on iplayer).  This follows a 'normal' day in the life of the Marquis de Carabas who appeared in Neil Gaiman's book, Neverwhere about life in London below.

*Just in case you are curious, here's an example of Jesse's diets...
It's been a good week!

4 comments:

  1. I watched the Michael Buble show on the BBC this week, it was so touching hearing him talk about being a dad and then it was announced later in the week that his son's been diagnosed with cancer. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I saw about it in the paper at the weekend - cancer is no respecter of people, no matter who they are. Very sad indeed.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. It sounds like an excellent week. And a productive week.
    Jesse's diet cracked me up. At the opening scene I thought immediately of Steptoe and Son.
    And Neil Gaiman is one of my heroes. I must listen to that play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It wasn't until I started thinking about the week for my post that I realised it had indeed been a good week. I used to really enjoy the Fast Show and Jesse's diets was one of my favourites. I haven't read that much Neil Gaiman yet (Neverwhere, Good Omens, The Ocean at the end of the lane), but I have lots on my wish list.
      Have a good week.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete