Wednesday 15 August 2018

Making cards and gifts

I have had a few anniversaries and birthdays to make cards for recently, so here's what I came up with. Above was an anniversary card for my sister and brother in law.  I do like the Chinese Lantern die (although it took a few goes to get a nice clean cut.) I backed it with a blue/green patterned paper and like the calming effect.
 I sent this one to my friend in Canada - it was their rather special anniversary.  We went over for their wedding as I was Matron of Honour.  The time seems to have gone very quickly since.
 This one was a bit of a practise, but it turned out quite well.
This card was for a colleague at work who enjoys working with a nature conservancy volunteer group.  I though she would like the leaf print paper.
The inside needed a little something, so I added a green glittery fern leaf - well, why not?
I haven't made any jewellery for a while so made the same colleague a wooden bead macrame bracelet.  I have seen her wearing it at work so I think she likes it!

6 comments:

  1. I am sure she likes it (how could she not).
    Those cards fall firmly into the cards to keep category. All of them. Some cards I recycle, but special ones are retained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I am definitely improving with my card making, which is encouraging and more importantly, I am really enjoying it.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Lovely cards, so original, I´m sure the recipients loved them. Pretty bracelet too, a lovely present xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I am enjoying my papercrafting journey (and acquiring a whole massive stash of papers, dies, stamps, inks etc...)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Wonderful cards, and so personalized with your designs. LOVE the colors in the bracelet, can see why she wears it often.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. I went through a stage of making lots of macrame bracelets, some using gemstones and some with wooden beads, but I hadn't made one in a long time, so it was nice to pick it up again.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete