Sunday 12 May 2019

Crafting projects

 I do enjoy making cards - possibly because they are quite quick to make and are a complete little project in themselves. 
 I also like being able to make a card for different reasons.
 I have recently bought some lovely new stamps and dies - this teasel stamp looks like I have lino cut it.  The best thing is that I can alter the look of it by changing the background, or embossing it, or watercolouring it.  I think it will prove to be really versatile.
Here is another card with a relatively newly purchased stamp (Chris rolls his eyes heavenwards...).  The problem is, just when I think I have all the stamps and dies I could ever need, along comes another one and I need it too!  This stamp has a simple image of dandelions but is really effective and another stamp which will be versatile. It can also be used with other media as it is a rubber stamp, rather than a clear polymer one.  Bring on the experiments!

10 comments:

  1. LOVING (and awed) by your cards. The sympathy card drew my eye. I find it difficult to find ones I am prepared to put my name to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I am definitely improving with practise and am really pleased with how these cards came out. I also like being able to tailor cards for the recipients. The sympathy card was for a colleague who had lost her beloved dog and I was able to make the sentiment inside really personal to her.
      Best wishes
      Ellie
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Mmm, pretty :) I have always been so impressed by stamping, but never learnt how to do it. Maybe when I've used all my fabric, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayne. I am definitely better with stamping than I am with patchwork! Having a stamping platform really helps, particularly if I am using very porous card or using layered stamps. I love it - there is something very satisfying about completing a card which looks like the image I had in my head (and I don't need to worry about being able to draw as all that hard work has already been done!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. They're all really cute. I had to laugh about the eyes rolling, and the "need" them, lol. I'm that way with my yarn. Hey...we could have worse addictions! You're very creative with how you put things together.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. Yes, we all have our little (or not so little) addictions - at least mine only affect my bank balance and space in the house! I watch a lot of demonstrations to get ideas and subscribe to a crafting mag. Youtube has numerous how to videos too, which provide great inspiration.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Very pretty cards and lovely stamp. Lovely to be able to make a nice card for any occasion xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I really enjoy the making process. My only problem is which of my huge stash of stamps or dies or inks or papers to use!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. They're all gorgeous cards but I particularly like that last one, the dandelions are delightful, and I love the stamping on the envelope too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I think that adding the frame really focuses on the stamp.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete