Wednesday 1 April 2020

April Artists' Trading Card (ATC)

 I am so pleased with how this month's ATC has turned out.  It really says 'Spring' to me.
 The background is blue acrylic paint with white clouds, then branch shapes painted on.  I used texture paste through a blossom stencil, which I painted in shades of pink once dry.  Tiny gold glitter accents add a bit of sparkle.
The gemstones are kyanite, rose quartz, peridot, chrysoprase, kunzite, fluorite and blue lace agate.  The gemstone of the month charm should be diamond (which I don't have) or clear quartz, which I used instead.
The back is decorated with the April rhyme and photos of primroses and daisies from the garden.
I think this could be my favourite card so far.  On to May!
Edited to add:
Here is a (rather dark - apologies) photo of the seasonal tree as it is at the moment.  It has wooden bird and flower pegs together with my felt flowers and birds too.  It will become an Easter tree shortly.  Chris made the tree shape for me and decorating it is something I enjoy as I mark the seasons.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't made an ATC in years and that is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. I set myself a challenge to make one for each month this year and I am really enjoying making them.
      They are then added to the seasonal tree decorations in the sitting room, to be enjoyed through the month.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. That is truly lovely.
    Beautiful, hopeful - and singing of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. This card worked out just as I had imagined it (this is not always the case!). I was inspired by the blossom in nature and also by Van Gogh's blossom paintings. I love the Spring!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, I really like that one, so textured too xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I enjoyed making this one so much, thinking about Spring blossom. Texture paste through stencils is one of my new loves!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. That is gorgeous, it really evokes the essence of Spring. Art inspired by the seasons. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. It was a lovely card to make, thinking about blue sky and blossom. The next one will be a little more colourful, I think.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Your tree sounds lovely, and with decorations like this, so pretty. Have a missed a photo of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayne. I haven't posted a photo of my seasonal tree for a while so will edit and add a photo in (hopefully later today).
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  6. Very pretty, and very springy. Love it and your cute little tree. I've not been much in the mood to decorate for Spring or Easter, though managed to put out some springy placemats.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. We are going to have some proper Spring weather over the next week and I am really looking forward to sitting out in the garden. I also have lots of jobs I need to do out there.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete