Tuesday 5 May 2020

Art Journal page - grateful

I decided that I needed to reflect what is going on in the world in a mixed media art journal page.  Everyone's world has changed, but rather than focus on the negatives, I wanted to think about positives.
I used recycled cardboard packaging for the page which I gessoed.  I used acrylic paint through stencils for the swirly background and for the orange and yellow centre.  I cut out gel press prints for the strips coming from the centre.  The focal point house is a Lisa Horton stamp which I coloured with alcohol pens.
The windows and door have glossy accents to give them a bit of shine, although that isn't particularly evident in the photo.  I added some glitter dots to each of the gel press strips, just because!
I stamped the words using a mixture of Hunkydory and Visible Image alphabet stamps and they are all things I am feeling grateful for.  This page turned out quite similar to the image in my head (which isn't always the case!) and is a reminder of good things during a challenging time.
With this page, I am joining in with the Creative Stamper May 2020 'Take it, Make it challenge' 

6 comments:

  1. Gratitude is a gift which keeps on giving - and I do love your creative, colourful take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I think that the situation has helped me to concentrate on the more important things. I really enjoyed working on this page, which came together quite quickly (apart from the word stamping which I did letter by letter...but still a meditative way to spend an afternoon).
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. You stamped letter by letter and kept them in a straight line! Mine would definitely be very wobbly. All the words are well chosen, very grounding and reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. Some of the words are a little less than straight, but I think it all adds to the handmade look. I have a lot to be grateful for and it was important to me to reflect that.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Wonderful journal page. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I enjoyed creating this page.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete