Monday 9 May 2022

Recent stamp carving

I have been trying some different materials for stamp carving, such as soft cut, which worked OK but was a little tough to cut with my basic lino blades.  I also tried EssDee Mastercut, which is a white material, a bit like eraser material and that cuts much more easily.  I saw some designs which I liked, so set about cutting my own stamps.  I used some mop up sheets from my acrylic paint experiments and I think they will make very nice collage papers.  Even though they haven't all printed perfectly, I like the result.  
I then had a go at a different design and after a little refining, am pleased with the second one.  I used black acrylic paint to print them and kept the paint wet until I cleaned them up properly.  I really like the way they look hand made.

6 comments:

  1. WOW. Colour me awed and impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Using the softer cutting material made it a lot easier. I have lots of mop up pages which may now get covered in stamping!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Oooh, loving the wagon wheels Ellie! Don't they look super fab :) :) :) I tried Lino printing a few years ago and found it hard to cut into, so the EssDee you mention sounds promising x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. The EssDee Mastercut is the nicest material I have tried so far and gives a clean cut. I think I may be making more stamps...
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. It´s great when you start experimenting and pushing the boundaries. xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I have always enjoyed lino cutting but making stamps is not something I have done until recently. It is great to be able to create something and then use it, isn't it?
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete