Tuesday, 6 November 2012
Yorkshire Sponge Parkin
4 oz soft margarine
8oz Self raising flour
½ a cup of golden syrup (I use a small plastic picnic cup for both golden syrup and water)
4 oz granulated sugar
½ a cup of water
1 heaped teaspoon of ground ginger
1 heaped teaspoon of mixed spice
1. Cream the margarine and sugar together.
2. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour into a deep 9 inch round, greased and floured tin.
4. Bake on a low shelf for 40 minutes at Gas 3, then reduce to Gas 2½ for the final 35 minutes.
5. Cool in the tin, then turn out onto a cooling rack.