Tuesday 13 November 2012

Latest Jewellery

Here is the latest jewellery I have been making, for my work colleague, Leanne's birthday, last week.  She likes dramatic jewellery, so this gave me a challenge for my polymer clay.  I made a large pendant on wire, and two bracelets.

Above is a close up of the pendant, made using polymer clay in black, white, red glitter and silver.  As you can see, I had fun using the extruder tool again!

 I then made some polymer clay beads using the same colours and made them into a macrame bracelet.
 I told Leanne that this was a complete original because no-one in the world would have one exactly the same.  I wouldn't even be able to make one exactly the same.  I love that about polymer clay.
The final macrame bracelet is made using black rutilated quartz (also called rutile quartz and apparently the black flecks in the quartz are tourmaline).  Leanne immediately put this one on and wore it for the rest of the day.  I think they were successful gifts.

10 comments:

  1. What beautiful things Ellie! You are so talented! I love the effect you've got with the extruder on the polymer clay end those beads....! What a fabulous birthday present! E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear E
      Thank you for commenting. I was so pleased with how these all came out. I had to make another set of beads as the first set I made didn't have big enough holes for the cord to go through. I absolutely love working with the extruder and I haven't yet explored all the other shapes that it can make - so far, I have only used the square! Lots of fun still to be had, I think. (I blame this on not having the playdoh hairdresser when I was little - or not so little!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Hi Ellie

    Love the jewellery especially the pendant
    it is beautiful.

    Leeanne is a very lucky girl to get a gift like that.

    Isn't it great to have something so unique!

    Well done you on your work.

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fiona
      Thank you for your comment. The unique quality of this type of jewellery really appeals to me - the same can be said of my felt work, as I can't replicate that exactly either. Knowing that you are creating an original one like that is a great feeling!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. What a lucky colleague, receiving her own bespoke jewellery. It is all stunning - I especially love the red pendant, it's very striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gillian
      Thank you for commenting. The jewellery really suits Leanne's character I think - she is a dramatic and striking person! I have yet to hear what her friends and family thought of it and I am sure she wil tell me when I am at work.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Dear Victoria
      Thank you for commenting. I am really pleased with the way it all turned. I think it os on the way to becoming another obsession!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. When I first glimpsed the pendant, it reminded me of a Klimt painting, beautifully done. The bracelets are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Toffeeapple
      Thank you for commenting. I saw a pendant like this demonstrated and it was this that inspired me to start making polymer clay jewellery. The Klimt inspiration came through strongly too. I really like the way the the extruder creates patterns and you can never be sure exactly what you will get. I am amazed at what other makers can do with polymer clay and am looking forward to lots of experimenting!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete