Thursday 10 September 2009

Beautiful Sky


This photo shows a lovely sky I saw while staying at Mum and Dad's. I particularly like the mixture of cloud colours and I am going to turn this into a piece of felt in due course. I also saw a lovely pink sunrise at 6:00 am one morning, but by the time I'd got my camera, it had dulled down and was not so inspiring. I really enjoy translating sky effects into felt because the end result is always interesting, even if it doesn't necessarily look the way I envisaged it originally.
I have just applied for membership of the International Feltmakers Association (www.feltmakers.com) so am looking forward to finding out about other felt makers or workshops in my area as well as textile exhibitions and other information about the wonderful world of felt and felt making!

No comments:

Post a Comment