Tuesday 8 September 2009

Inspiration




I always take my camera with me whenever we visit anywhere. I am fascinated by the way that the skies over Lincolnshire are constantly changing and the pictures that I take provide a great inspiration for my felt making. My husband (Chris) and I are both interested in old buildings, especially ruins, and found a perfect example recently at Tupholme Abbey just outside Bardney in Lincolnshire. http://www.lincsheritage.org/ We found this place by accident when we decided to take a different route to Horncastle. It helped that it was a sunny day and apart from a few ramblers we had the place to ourselves. I love taking photos through doorways, windows, gates etc because there is a sense of mystery as to where the path leads or what is beyond the frame. The shuttered window in the picture above is from the derelict Georgian farmhouse attached to the Abbey wall (obviously no planning permission needed then!).

No comments:

Post a Comment