Sunday 20 March 2011

First Day of Spring

To celebrate the first day of Spring (at last!), I though I would put together a small montage of flowers currently enjoying the weather in my garden, both in pots and in the borders. It makes me feel full of hope for the coming seasons. When the clocks go forward next weekend, it will be even more noticeable and there will be even more time to enjoy being outside. (Clockwise from the top we have violas, narcissus 'Tete a Tete', more violas and some delicately coloured Pushkinias.)

The star of the show at the moment just has to be this beautiful hellebore (and I can't remember the variety, but will try to find out). As it has flowers that hang down, I had to gently persuade it to look up to have its photo taken and I'm pleased I did. So, here's to Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment