Monday 21 March 2011

Latest reading

What a surprise! After being immersed in Georgian and Victorian literature, I've suddenly decided to read mid-twentieth century literature. The reason? Well, I have never read any of Agatha Christie's books and was suddenly very curious. I saw them on the library shelf and thought I would give them a try. I really enjoyed them both, even though I knew the stories and who the murderer was. What I particularly liked was the sparse descriptions - for some reason I had imagined that there would be florid passages of adjectives. The story moves along at a great rate, the writing is easy to read but keeps you gripped, and the little clues throughout the dialogue are so subtle that I missed most of them, but luckily, Hercule Poirot was on hand to set me right! All in all, very well written, great stories and interesting characters with fiendishly intricate plots.
Perhaps I should try some Miss Marple stories now...

(Photos from Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment