Monday 15 August 2011

More about the garden - Spring...again?

I know that the weather this year has been all over the place, with freezing Winter, boiling hot Spring and now damp and cool Summer, but I think my plants have been totally confused too.  Above is a Spring flowering clematis, happily putting out new flowers ( I took the photo this morning) and below shows my Magnolia liliflora Susan flowering again as well.  I know this can happen with some plants, but it has come as a bit of a surprise.  Still, if it means enjoying more flowers, I am very happy to see out of season blooms.

 Below, just to reassure me that it is still Summer, my hardy annual Morning Glory put out this gorgeous flower this morning.  The flowers only last one day, but when the colour is so astonishingly beautiful, I'm not going to complain.  Moreover, these plants were a gift from Mum who grew them from seed, so are doubly welcome.  They are a member of the bindweed family, but a very well behaved one which will never become a weed or a nuisance.
My garden (though very small) is always a source of endless fascination for me and I enjoy photographing the plants and sharing the photos with you.  I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment