Although Chrissie isn't writing a specific post for Stitching Sundays, I am continuing, as I am finding it a great way to actually start and finish projects.
I took the majority advice over whether to add stitching to the leaves on the felt piece so here are a few close ups. I like the way that the line of stitching has made the leaves look 'puffier'.
I chose colours which would show up against the leaves, without being too dominant.
I think it looks good.
So here is the finished piece. I am still undecided about what to do with it. If it is going to be the centre panel of a cushion, I need to find a wool blanket I can cut up, or make some large pieces of felt. I shall check our blanket situation first...
Although I haven't totally finished this project, I have got the next one ready.
I'm going to make winter bunting using the materials above, which I really like (particularly the two seed head patterns). The two plain fabrics on the right are going to have a snowflake embroidered on them and then they will all be made into bunting with dark grey bias binding. Once it is finished, I will then have seasonal bunting for the whole year.