Tuesday 31 January 2017

Finally making felt again

I have been finally getting round to making felt again and it is lovely!  I had forgotten how much I enjoy it.  It takes me two hours to make two pieces but I really enjoy creating the blends and deciding what colours I need to use.  I have reserved a table at a craft fair in November, so that has given me the push I need to start making again.  In the whole of last year, I think I made two pieces in total, so I am doing much better this year.  The stripy pieces are destined for the craft fair, but you'll have to wait until then to see what I make them into.  I am also going to make some other coloured pieces - pink and a pastel green and whatever else takes my fancy.
I now need to replenish my stock of white wool for the base pieces...it's a good job I have just been paid!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting, your felt really is feltabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl, that's very kind of you to say so. I am really enjoying making felt again and have plans to make lots more. I like to use my photos for inspiration so need to start looking through them again.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I love the colours in your felt. I still have the felt heart that you gave me in a swap. It was on my Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jille. The colours have all been very specifically chosen for my current project. I really enjoy blending the colours too. It's lovely to hear you still have the felt heart and that it was on your tree - felt is such a wonderful textile and it should outlive me (providing any moths don't get to it first!).
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. There is something very cheering about a burst of colour, isn't there? (Especially on dull, grey winter days).
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete