This made me laugh the other day - Chris found it on the internet. printed it out and slipped it inside yet another crafty supplies parcel which I had ordered. Obviously it's not just me then...
In other news, I have made a second tunic dress, this time using purple chambray which was gifted to me. I knew it would come in handy! The floral material was just a fat quarter, but made the pockets, sleeves and tie ends, so was perfect for this.
The back looks pretty too. I have finally got the neck right too, without having to add any darts.
I have also got round to making my own bias binding, following a tutorial which I have had for ages, which I am very pleased about. I am making my third dress at the moment and couldn't find the right shade of bias binding. So, I used the contrast fabric and made my own, using the nifty little red gadget in the photo above. It isn't difficult although it is a bit time consuming. However, I am sure the end result will justify the extra time. Having learnt how to make it, I can now use my own material all the time (unless the pattern needs metres and metres of the stuff, in which case, it is cheaper to buy it!) For the top of the pockets and the neckline for this dress, it is about a metre, so well worth it, I think. Naturally, I will post a photo of the dress (and hand made bias binding) once it is finished.