I decided that I was going to work on my second art journal today, so in readiness, last night I prepared two pages with brown paper. I was going to paint them and then stick paper circles on them, although I decided to add another layer by sticking some torn text on top. I was telling Chris about University Challenge on Monday night where one of the questions was to identify which books were used for some blacked out poetry. (The only one I knew was the Pride and Prejudice one). I thought it was a really interesting idea.
I was looking at a page and these words just jumped out at me. So my original idea was postponed and I ran with this one. The words made me think of darker colours and images, so off I went with the gel plate to make the background using black, copper and gold. I then added some stamps (trying to find some suitably grungy or gothic or just 'dark' images. (I realised I didn't have all that many, so made do with what I found). I then printed the words using a stamp set and placed them so that the original inspiration words could still be seen.
It wasn't what I had planned to make at all, but somehow, it came together quite easily and I am pleased with the end result. It's quite a change from my usual colours and style, but I do like it. Chris really liked it too.
Sometimes, you just have to follow where things lead you...