Tuesday 8 September 2020

A Creative 2021 - Wanderlust 2021

 I was in need of a creative project for 2021 and I have found one that looks perfect for me.  I am very excited to say that I have signed up to 'Wanderlust 2021'.

"What is this?", I hear you ask.  Well, it is a year long online course about art journaling using mixed media.  It is made up of weekly lessons by art practitioners and each lesson will bring something different.  I already follow several of the teachers on their blogs or on Youtube, so I know a little bit of what to expect. 

As I have signed up early, I also have access to bonus videos and handouts and downloads, which I have been working my way through.  The cost for the year is $99, until 9th September, which worked out to £72.00 and I think this is very good value.  After 9th September, the price goes up to $175.00, but people can still join until 31st December 2020.  I am hoping that the course will help me to develop my own style and 'voice' as well as show me lots of mixed media ideas and techniques.

I will also be given bonus videos on 'Braving the Blank Page' which will appear on 14th September, again, because I signed up in good time.   The other good thing is that I have pretty much all the supplies suggested and I have just bought a new and rather nice art journal to work in.  I also have a journal for notes, sketches and other bits and pieces - more of a working document.

Here is a link to the website, in case you are interested/curious - Wanderlust 2021.  I have enjoyed the videos so far and am working on a mixed media piece with a star theme which I will share when it is finished.

I am hoping that 2021 will be my most creative year yet and I am looking forward to getting started in January.

8 comments:

  1. I signed up this morning, Ellie. What a coincidence to now read your post. It should be fun. I'm finding I need something to look forward to, in these virus-with-no-end-in-sight times. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. Great to hear you're joining in with what sounds like an exciting journey. You're right, it is important to have things to look forward to.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. How wonderful. It sounds as if it was made for you - and arrived at the very best time.
    I am really looking forward to seeing some of your journeys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I think I was meant to do it - everything just worked out. I am really looking forward to it as well.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. It sounds interesting. I'm sure you'll get a lot out of the course over the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I am sure I will really enjoy it, learn a lot and hopefully make some really interesting pieces.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. That sounds amazing, I am looking forward to you sharing what you get up to as part of this course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. I am looking forward to it and will hopefully receive my next set of bonus videos tomorrow so will be working through them. I will certainly share my progress on my blog.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete